What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Here’s an overview of the data we collect and store:
- The app automatically saves all user provided information to our server. For example task, project and client names, hourly rates. This is done to provide data backups and the ability to log-in to multiple devices.
- We also automatically save general info such as your device type, OS version, when you last used the app and when you first installed. This is used to help us improve application performance and resolve issues.
- We track some in-app-events. For example whether or not you’ve selected the automation feature or which pages you’ve seen. We use this information to help us improve the app, by understanding how people use it.
- An anonymized ‘advertising id’ which represents your device. This ‘id’ is used for advertising attribution. You can opt out of ad tracking by going opening up Settings on your device, ‘Google Services -> Ads -> Opt out of Ads Personalization’.
- Your device location will be locally stored on your own device (optional) in case you enable the Automatic tracking feature, the app needs your device location even when it is not running. However you are still in control, you can disable the tracking feature partially, in some days, in some hours of day, or completely.
General location data will not be sent and stored on our servers and will only be used to detect your work locations and amount of time you spend in each site. When you select to save a time block based off of automatic tracking the coordinates of that time block will be stored on our server for your records.
How do I opt out and delete all of my stored information?
Unfortunately, the app requires the mentioned data to properly function. If you want to opt out of data collection, please use the ‘help’ feature in the app to send us a message requesting deletion of your information. After sending that message go ahead and uninstall the app.
Once we receive your request, we’ll remove your information from our server and will send you a confirmation within a reasonable amount of time. Any stored location data will be removed along with the deletion of your tracked times.
In case of location data which is stored locally on your device, you may remove the application and clear its data to remove history of work locations.
How long do you retain data?
We will retain user-provided data for as long as you use the application and for a reasonable time after. We will retain automatically collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate.
We do not use the application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us from inside the app (see ‘How do I opt out and delete all of my stored information’). We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using Time Squared, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com